Sunday, January 16, 2011

Battlebox Game!

Yeap I finally got to play a battlebox game on vassal today! I really enjoy the battlebox helps me focus on strategy rather than pure weight of number. So the game was Cryx Battlebox vs. Legion Battlebox.
Cryx:
Pdenny
Defiler
Deathripper
Deathripper
Slayer
Legion:
Plylyth
Shredder
Shredder
Shredder
Shredder
Carnivean

Terrain and Setup: Hills on the left and right, walls along the middle forests, nearby the hills out of the way of things.He set up his whole army in a straight line along the deployment zone 2 shredder, carnivean, lylth, 2 shredders.I being too lazy to get crafty as he seemed kinda new I matched his deployment with deathripper,defiler,denny,slayer, deathripper in that order in a line.

Summary:
1st turn we both ran our army forward lining up some lanes except unfortunately for him i put crippling grasp on the carnivean right away :) . Next turn he focused on killing the deathripper that served as my arc for grasp and moved the rest of his army up. I focused the 2nd deathripper on killing a shredder as well as denny feating and giving it a stab to finish the job! Then the defiler moved up and lined up a nice shot on the shredder near my slayer and a shredder behind it. I boosted to hit and dmg the shredder near my slayer and killed it and badly wounded the other. The slayer boldly charged the carnivean and killed it in 1 turn! His turn he wrecked my slayer and pushed the shredders hard to beat up on my defiler and deathripper. The bonejacks being beaten up became useless and denny had to sling spells and slash the last 2 shredders to even the score. Lylyth lined up shots on denny and failed to hit twice! :) Denny advanced and cast grasp, and 2 venoms only causing 5 dmg! Lylyth bravely attempted another 2 shots causing 15 dmg! 2 boxes left. Denny enraged runs straight into Lylyth boosting and buying attacks brings her down to 2 as well O.o Luckily with my last bought swing I squished lylyth! Woo! This game ended up being lots of fun. The guy I played didn't really know what he was doing and messed up a few things in his favor which I decided to let go to help keep it competitive.
Summary:
Overall I think it was a lot of fun and was a learning experience for me, take every game with a grain of salt and don't assume its going to be an easy win. I had a lot of fun none the less and wish I could play more battlebox games.
Lessons:
Pdennys vennom kinda sucks honestly I find I waste a lot of focus boosting hit and dmg for such minimal output that its depressing. But then again Pdenny works better with her arc nodes not all wounded like mine were >:(

Sorry for the horrible summary of the battle. Honestly the game was pretty embarassing on both sides. Also I have been spending the better half of today painting my cryx battle box and its abpout 90% done and will probably post some photos if I find any easy way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment